Tuesday, December 24, 2013

SEASON'S GREETINGS


       Enjoy the Christmas and New Year holiday, but please stay safe.

                  The image is of a male Superb Fairy-wren, a common species of the east and south-east of Australia, including Tasmania. It was recently voted Birdlife Australia's favourite bird, with the Australian Magpie coming in a close second.
                   A big thank you to the regular and occasional visitors and especially to those who take the time to comment. A recurring health issue has rather curtailed my birding activities of late, so I must apologise for the paucity of articles.

5 comments:

Carole M. said...

I had also been keeping track of the favourite bird from voters, and since the Superb has been my blog header for most the year, that pleased me too; I had voted it as my favourite in the competition also. Sorry to hear of health issues, they can be a battle to work through. Take care, and hope to see my Tassie birding pics in 2014

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Alan. I wish you plenty of good birding and good photo weather in 2014. Best wishes, Karen Dick.

Unknown said...

Thanks Alan for your wonderful and informative blog - I have gained a deeper understanding of and appreciation for Tasmanian birds through reading it. Wishing you all the best in 2014 and hoping your health issues are overcome - it's no fun is it. Mona

Sonja said...

Good luck with your health and more time birding in 2014.

Enrique Soto said...

Happy new year.
Greetings from Spain